Financial Education Teacher Exchange 2016:
Teachers Teaching Teachers to Teach Personal Finance
Do you teach personal finance to youth and/or adults? This free 2.5-hour workshop will help you sharpen your skills and find new resources to use in your classroom. Instead of “typical” workshops with a series of speakers, teachers will teach each other through a series of facilitated small group information sharing activities. Each teacher is asked to bring 10 copies of a favorite personal finance lesson plan to share with others. A light supper and door prizes will be provided courtesy of a $500 prize received from our program sponsor, Next Gen Personal Finance (http://nextgenpersonalfinance.org/).
Time: 4 pm to 6:30 pm (Registration and informal networking starts at 3:30 pm)
Two identical Financial Education Teacher Exchanges will be held at two convenient NJ locations
NORTH (NJ)- Thursday, May 26.
Pinnacle Federal Credit Union, 135 Raritan Center Parkway, Suite 6, Edison
CENTRAL (NJ)- Thursday, May 19.
Cook Office Building (Room 118), Rutgers University, 55 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, 848-732-9126. For a map and directions, see http://rumaps.rutgers.edu/sites/rumaps/files/RU_NB-CookDouglasscampusmap.pdf. Park in Lot 76.
There is NO registration fee but PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED by May 25.
Space is limited to 20 people at each location. Register early!
Financial Education Teacher Exchange Agenda
1. Welcome, sponsor video, and small group table introductions (“speed dating”) -20 minutes
2. Lesson plan small group table exchange- 45 minutes
3. Light supper and networking- 25 minutes
4. Best web sites small group table exchange- 10 minutes
5. Best financial calculators small group table exchange - 10 minutes
6. Best financial videos small group table exchange- 10 minutes
7. "Best of the Best" presentation of favorite resources from small groups to total group- 20 minutes
8. Wrap-Up, evaluation, and door prizes-10 minutes
Professional development certificates will be provided for participants who attend the entire Teacher Exchange workshop.